Teacher in Charge: Mrs J. GrubbRecommended Prior Learning
In this course students will study acting technique, theatre and drama processes and performance.
Drama is a fundamental subject for applying and exploring the key competencies. Students continuously work in a group setting using their communication, teamwork and leadership skills. Students analyse texts and interpret meaning. They are required to think creatively and independently.
The units of work we cover include:
- devising a group performance, using the elements and conventions of drama
- studying a theatre form and applying the features of this form in a performance
- analysing and exploring acting techniques, theorists and drama processes
- performing a role in a scripted play to an invited audience of friends and family
- writing an external examination that focuses on critiquing and analysing a live professional performance they have seen during the year
- using lighting and sound technologies is an optional extra
This course will prepare students for future academic and vocational opportunities in Theatre and Film, Broadcasting, Law, Communications, Journalism, Teaching, Early Childhood and many other areas that focus on the application of key competencies.