SPORT COACHING 32S - Semester
Teacher in Charge: Mr P. Peawini
In the Coaching semester students will about learn the principles of coaching and apply this knowledge throughout the semester.
They will then be assessed through:
1. Session Plans - Students will design beginner level coaching sessions.
2. Coaching - Students will coach junior students and review their planning and practical coaching.
All 12 credits are internally assessed unit standards.
Students who complete this course can move into tertiary study at New Zealand Institute of Sport or Ara Institute of Canterbury and careers within the sport, recreation and fitness industry. These could include but are not limited to fitness instruction, personal trainer, gym instruction, after school and holiday programs, coaching and Armed Services.
Recommended Prior Learning
• Reasonable attainment of Level 2 NCEA credits is recommended.
• SPL22S and SPO22S are an advantage but not essential.
• Performance in SPL22S and SPO22S will be taken into consideration for enrolling in SPC32S.
• Commitment to the demands of this course inside and outside of school hours.
Assessment InformationUnit standard 22768 will be version 2 with a credit value of 6. Unfortunately the School Point system only uploads the latest version number. Therefore, the course total is 12 credits.
Total Credits Available: 10 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 10 credits.
The standard will be Version 2 with a credit value of 6. Unfortunately the School Point system only uploads the latest version number. Therefore, the course total is 12 credits.