This course requires 2 options.
AUTOMOTIVE ENGINEERING 22F - Full Year
Teacher in Charge: Mr B. Dalkie
This is a full year pre-trade motor industry based programme.
The course is assessed by unit standards and covers:
• motor vehicle systems and components • vehicle servicing • workshop equipment
• engine strip and reassemble • automotive trade structure • wheels and tyres
This course is coordinated by Avon City Training Services (Sockburn) and Papanui High School. The units are self-paced and require individual study.
It is expected that students will achieve between 21-29 unit standard credits during the course. The standards listed below are a sample of those available and will give an idea of the variety offered within this course.
This is a Level 2 course and there are some Level 3 Automotive unit standards.
Students will be selected on the following criteria:
• ability to complete the course
• a proven record of attendance
• a genuine interest in the automotive industry
NB: Students who show the above attributes are favorably considered for the Automotive Trades Academy Course (Dual Enrolment).
Recommended Prior Learning
Completion of a Level 1 Technology course to expected standards or by negotiation with HoD, Mr Nugent.
Total Credits Available: 28 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 28 credits.