Year 9 Option - Accounting and Economics - Half Year
Teacher in Charge: Mr J. Warren
WHAT THE COURSE WILL COVER:
This course provides an introduction to Accounting and Economics. It covers the following:
- How the share market works and ways of investing your money
- Making and using a simple budget
- Different ways of spending and investing your money
- Buying a used car, what are the costs?
- What are your rights when things go wrong?
METHODS OF LEARNING:
Students will create their own class currency $$$. This will be used to pay them for coming to class and as a bonus for good class work. During the course, students can use this class currency to buy and sell gold, oil and shares in a virtual marketplace using real world prices. At the end of the course, they can spend their profits on various items during a class auction.
WHERE DOES THE SUBJECT LEAD:
Year 10 Accounting and Economics
Recommended Prior Learning
This semester options course runs for three periods per week for two terms.