Year 10 Food & Nutrition - Half Year
Teacher in Charge: Ms T. Williams
WHAT THE COURSE WILL COVER:
This course develops students’ skills in food preparation. Students will be encouraged to be independent in their planning and preparation of nutritious snacks and meals. The use of convenience foods, fresh ingredients and nutritional knowledge to enhance wellbeing/hauora, are key foci of this course.
- Preparation of a range of snacks and meals
- Basic nutritional knowledge
- An awareness of food products
- Local and national food trends
- Food delivery and its place in the world today
WHERE DOES THE SUBJECT LEAD?
Food & Nutrition leads on to several NCEA Level 1, 2 and 3 courses:
- Year 11-13 Food & Nutrition (FNU31F is an approved subject for University Entrance)
- Year 11-13 Catering & Hospitality
- Year 12 Childcare
Recommended Prior Learning